My Etsy shop

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Top parenting advice -tips

 I loved this post so much so wanted to share with everyone

Reference
Top parenting tips from moms


Enjoy your children when they are young. Take advantage of the times as youngsters when they want your attention and want to be with you. It seems to fade quickly as they get older.

Never say, "My child will never do that," because they will. I had to learn the hard way and eat my words.

Do not be afraid to ask for help.

The best piece of parenting advice I have been given would be the fact that, as a mom, you do not know all the answers instinctively. A lot of it is trial and error with a mix of common sense and love.

When you want your children to listen, whisper. When you feel the least loving towards your children is when they need it the most.

Be consistent, whether it be with discipline, routine, or dinnertime together.

Be patient with your children. They want your approval so badly.

Take a nap. Let it go. Remember that these years fly and they will never come back. Savour every moment -- even the messy, frustrating, "you've got to be kidding me" moments.

Everything always works out for the best eventually.
Have a sense of humour.

Take time for myself and also with my husband. It is so easy not to do that and fill the time with other things, but the time spent refilling our own tank and nurturing our marital relationship is more beneficial than you realize.

Do the best I can and accept that.

The housework can wait, but the kids cannot, so always stop first to read a book to them!

Before my first child was born, I read in a book that a parent should focus on being a parent and not try to be your child's best friend. That has helped me keep my focus, especially when my kids think I am being the bad guy.

The best piece of parenting advice I got was: "The best thing you can do for your children is to love their daddy!"

With kids the days are long, but the years are short.

Relax. No parent is ever perfect. Say you are sorry.

Never take a day for granted, because if you do not make time for your kids, they will grow up before you know it.

Enjoy every minute, because it goes by too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment